Thursday, January 15, 2009

Is this what a feminist looks like?




In response to the cover of Ms Magazine's January issue, Lisa Factora-Borchers has some interesting things to say about Obama's supposed feminist credentials:

"The question as to whether Obama is a feminist really doesn’t resonate with me. What matters more is what he is going TO DO once his position is secured on the 20th and how he will work to better the situation for women, not only in the United States, but also in the world. The United States presidency is a position to greatly impact legislation for reproductive health, education, and social services."


I'm as excited about the Obama presidency as the next girl (providing the next girl is Factora-Borchers), but I want more than rhetoric before I laud the man my girlfriend refers to as 'Hopey' as the new liberal messiah.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free stats